Find Sponsor/Host: USA

Country to Country Comparisons:   We recommend comparing all of the options available before making a final decision to come to the United States. To do so, please visit this website

Consider the Following Important Information about Uniting for Ukraine Before Making a Decision:

Employment Status: 

After being paroled into the US, USCIS allows U4U parolees to work for 90 days from the date of hire, using the I-94 in place of the work authorization permit (EAD), rather than waiting until after the EAD and SSN are received. Parolees must still submit Form
I-765, Application for Employment Authorization as soon as possible. U4U parolees are exempt from paying the $410 fee. In the ‘basis of eligibility’ section, select “c(11) Ukraine Parole” from the drop-down menu, not regular Parolee c(11), Select the reason for applying as ‘Initial permission to accept employment’ and status of last arrival as ‘UHP – Ukrainian Humanitarian Parole.’

Healthcare and Benefits:

 Ukrainians will be eligible for Medicaid, SNAP Food Stamps, and TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) until they have employment. For people with pre-existing conditions, healthcare coverage can be a challenge or insufficient without increased costs.

Requirements for Ukrainians:

U4U is open to Ukrainians citizens and immediate family, who lived in Ukraine on or before 2/11/22. You must have a valid passport in order to travel to the US, and you must have a confirmed sponsor to submit form I-134A, Online Request to be a Supporter and Declaration of Financial Support. Beneficiaries under the age of 18 must be traveling to the United States in the care and legal custody of their parent or legal guardian and be able to provide documentation to confirm the relationship.


In many states, public transportation is lacking in comparison to European countries. It is likely that a driver’s license and car will become necessary.

Beneficiary (Ukrainian) Next Steps

If you are still interested in seeking help with finding a USA Sponsor, please continue to fill out the Request for Sponsor Form.

After you fill out the form, here is what you can expect for next steps:

  1. When a potential sponsor is identified, you will be contacted by a representative from North America for Ukraine. They will start by describing a potential sponsor family and where they live. 
  2. North America for Ukraine completes background checks on the sponsors and provides support through the matching process.
  3. Upon your approval of an initial meeting, the representative will help you make contact with the potential sponsor to start text communication via messaging. A few topics we recommend discussing include:
    1. Available room and board
    2. Available social services (healthcare, refugee support, child care)
    3. Transportation to the US — when can you travel?
    4. Transportation within the host city — what is needed and what is available.
    5. Anticipated length of stay
    6. Employment opportunities
    7. Cultural and social opportunities
    8. Availability to help with completing appropriate forms
    9. Family histories
    10. Likes and dislikes, such as habits and hobbies
    11. Shared household expectations 
    12. We encourage a dialogue about what sponsors expect from Ukrainians as house guests, and what Ukrainians expect to establish their own independence and lifestyle.  It is important to be open and honest to help avoid conflicts later.
  4. A video call will be performed with all parties, and North America for Ukraine can provide a translator for this. This will include a tour of the sponsor’s home.
  5. After both you and your sponsor are on the match, the sponsor will complete form I-134A and submit to USCIS.
  6. Await sponsor confirmation. Processing times vary and on average take 4-6 weeks for confirmation. Sponsors may provide the Receipt number(s) and you may track the case here:
  7. After the sponsor is confirmed, you will receive 2 emails: one with the confirmation, and one with an access code and instructions on how to set up your account. Review your data carefully for any errors, including names, spellings, date errors and passport information). Make appropriate changes before submitting to CBP (Customs Border Protections). You MUST add all minors and foreign spouses to your Travel Group BEFORE submitting to CBP — this is very important. Also, we recommend waiting until you are able to travel within 1-2 weeks before hitting the final Submit to CBP button, since you only have 90 days before your Travel Authorization will expire. Extensions are NOT guaranteed and requests are often not granted in time. If you cannot travel before your TA expires, you have to restart the process from the beginning.
  8. Await for Travel Authorization, which typically comes in 1-2 days.
  9. Once you receive your travel authorization, make travel arrangements with your sponsor.
  10. Get picked up at the airport by your sponsor!

After a match has been identified, the process described above can take anywhere from 15-60 days. 

Paper Sponsorship

If you have friends of family located in the US who are able to host you by providing a place to live, help with transportation and filing documents, and introducing you to the area, then you may submit a request for a paper sponsor. NA4U will only match beneficiaries with verified, confirmed accommodations. You will need to provide the host’s name and contact information. The host will be contacted and will need to provide a written letter of commitment, proof of US-issued ID (such as a driver’s license or EAD card) and a bank statement and/or lease agreement. These
documents will be added to the form I-134A as supporting evidence by the sponsor to improve chances of approval. NA4U does not provide sponsors for beneficiaries who wish to enter the US with the intention of renting upon arrival. The US has a high cost of living compared to UA and
most landlords have requirements to rent, especially to newcomers, such as a US employment history, 1-2 months rent due in advance, a minimum salary, and a credit score; or they need a guarantor. The biggest problem newcomers are having, even if they can afford to rent, is finding a co-signer or guarantor on the lease. Sponsors cannot be a guarantor. If you meet all of the above criteria, you may submit to request a paper sponsor using the sponsor request form.